Tuesday, March 23

a good read for every funny gal...

In the March issue of Vogue, the magazine featured my favorite funny gal, Tina Fey, as the issue's cover model and feature story. Miss Fey is witty, smart, classy and a great writer...plus I have also been told that I look like her, especially when I wear my glasses! (But this could also mean that I might look like Sarah Palin as well....yikes! No lipstick on this bulldog!)

In the article Fey discusses her inner geek and the fashions that have brought her where she is today - a glasses geek turned writer turned TV star turned movie star.

A little FASHION HISTORY from Tina Fey:

"I spend most of my time in my daily life trying to be like a fashion noncombatant. My hands are up! I'm not even trying! That said, to talk about the impact of fashion is really interesting. I think so much is tied into feminism. I am a post-baby boomer who has been handed a sort of Spice Girls' version of feminism. We're suppose to be wearing half-shirts and jumping around. And, you know, maybe that's not panning out. I think women dress for other women to let them know what their deal is. Because if women were only dressing for men, there would be nothing but Victoria's Secret. There would be no Dior."


No comments:

Post a Comment