Monday, April 19

waiting for baby

I'll never forget the image of my sister as Sean and I entered the maternity room where her and Jeff were waiting for Mason to arrive. Elizabeth was hooked up to about 5 different machines with cables going every which way and eating a red popsicle. Her lips were bright red as she smiled at us and giggled a bit. Obviously the drugs had kicked in... "Do you guys want a popsicle!?" she said. I couldn't help but laugh at my beautiful older sister, who was about to be a mama. And she did look beautiful - perfect makeup, hair fixed with her newly cut bangs pushed to the side, and wearing diamond studs. She was prepare to have this baby in style.

I remeber the funniest thing she said to me while we were sitting in the room with her and Jeff. She looked over and smiled, "You can so do this...this isn't bad at all!" Again, obviously the drugs talking. After six hours of waiting at the hospital Mason finally arrived into the world! He was the cutest thing ever and as he grew over the months it has become evident that he is the most handsome, stylish, coolest baby on the block.


Things that Mason likes to do:
  • Dance.....a lot
  • Says "mmmm" after every bite of food
  • Eat my glasses
  • He can apparently wrestle you to the ground being only 10 months (I have yet to witness this)
  • Says dada when you ask him to say mama
  • Sings or mostly hums to Jason Maraz "I'm Yours" (the Sesame Street version)
  • Likes to stare at Sean for an uncomfortably long time
  • Wears MAN-ly accessories - sunglasses & hats
  • And now he is a crawlin' fool! Soon he will be walking & my poor sister better have her running shoes on!

    2 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are so sweet and Mason loves his Aunt Caroline sooooo much! Thank you for being there the entire time at the hospital and for loving Mason as much as I do!
      XOXO
      Your Big Sis

      ReplyDelete