Wednesday, June 29

stock the bar!

It has been a crazy past two months getting ready for Sean's sister's wedding in Oklahoma. We got back last week and are completely exhausted! The wedding week was absolutely the BEST TIME. Sean and I threw a couple's shower for Stacy and Charlie and the theme was Stock the Bar! I think it was my most successful shower I have thrown to date! I made all of the decorations myself (Sean helped too, you should have seen him helping me shop at Michael's...crazy!) and I also got to design my first party invitation. I don't know what I would do without Paper Source, they basically know me by name now!

We collected wine bottles over the past few months and wrote with chalk paint Stacy and Charlie's wedding date, initials, etc. Then we used the rest of the bottles for vases! I made the banner from the extra invitation paper and used the cutest paper cutter (from Paper Source) to make a design on the corners. Sean helped me make the coasters which was so fun to do and I highly recommend for any kind of couple's shower. I printed off a fun pic of Stacy and Charlie and used waterproof Mod Podge to glue it to squares of cork! So cute! Sean and his dad worked the grill for us and Nikki made the rest of the yummy food, the lemon cream cheese cupcakes were to die for! I, of course, was in charge of the alcohol. We brought some Chicago beers with us (Old Styles and Goose Island 312) and  I made the best white wine sangria from a Martha Stewart recipe. I'll post the recipe later this week for all my OK friends because it is the perfect summer sangria to serve in that crazy heat!



We had a great turn out of family and friends! I appreciate my friends and sister making their way out to Norman to attend the party and I hope everyone had a lot of fun! I have the prettiest girlfriends and sister! :)





1 comment:

  1. What a cute pic of you and Seanypoo?! You did such a great job with this party. I swear you should be a prof party planner. You have planned soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many. haha

    ReplyDelete