Tuesday, November 15

idaho trip

Last week I was in Idaho for work interviewing libraries for our annual study about technology, funding, etc. I had such a great time at each library and these trips and talking with the librarians really make me appreciate my job a little more. That maybe what we are doing here really matters to them, you know? That is what I hope for in any job I have.

Anyhoo, here are a few pics from my travels. Boise had the best coffee shops on almost every corner, loved it! I can't wait to plan a hiking and kayaking trip here with Sean, also the downtown area was so cute with lots of shops and restaurants. One of the libraries had a big welcome sign for us, and then the town's newspaper, the mayor and a few city council men come out and took us to lunch. I think we felt like celebrities for just a bit...






{1. Hammerhead coffee (yum!) - 2. Mountains @ 6am - 3. Sunrise & mist - 4. Plateaus - 5. More mist! - 6. Welcome ALA sign - 7. View from lunch spot - 8. Cinnamon coffee au lait & bagel w/ apple cinnamon cream cheese (the best!) - 9. Vineyards & apple orchards - 10. Nampa's skating rink - 11. "Lizard" of Lizard Butte - 12. Idaho fries & beer - 13. Boise candy shop!}

No comments:

Post a Comment