Friday, October 15

discovering the king on halloween

Having read every single book in my library I was in need of more books to read while riding the train to work. I came across an old box of Sean's in our storage closet and to my luck it was full of Stephen King books. I thought "perfect for October!" My mom always read Stephen King when I was growing up and so I always ended up watching the movies with her once she finished a book. FYI - never let your 7-year-old watch Stephen King's IT, I was deeply disturbed by that move and my 7-year-old self did not sleep for weeks and had nightmares about that creepy clown! I even tried to read the book in high school and the clown came back in my dreams so I had to quit!

Well so far I have read Salem's Lot (another crazy scary movie), The Dead Zone (suprisingly political based, and not very scary), Thinner (gross and creepy), and I just finished CUJO yesterday!

OMG...Cujo is really, really scary!!! I am a grown woman and I found myself looking at our bedroom closet at night for monsters AND at times Cami (our dog) has made me feel a little uncomfortable...

Doesn't she look kinda suspicious? What is she thinking?
I think today I am going to go buy IT at Borders and challenge myself to read it...I'll let you know what happens...
image signature


2 comments:

  1. Awe lil Cami does look a bit suspicious. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww, IT! What a scary movie!! To this day, man holes make me think of scary clowns and balloons. So creepy! Eww, ick, poo!!!

    I love, Cami! Do her ears remind anyone else of pom-poms?? Our little cheerleader...

    ReplyDelete