Thursday, December 30

rub-all-over-your-body cornbread stuffing

This stuffing is probably the best stuffing I have ever had in my entire life! (Sorry mom and grandma!) I was in charge of making the stuffing this year and I decided to use this recipe from one of my In-Style magazines. I even rolled out my very own biscuits using a french rolling pin. If you don't have a french rolling pin get one immediately! It is so much better than one with handles. Also, make sure you use sweet cornbread mix and add corn to the cornbread if you like, the cornbread mix I used was from Trader Joe's and it already had corn in it. I also added raisins and it came out perfectly! I made it as a side dish but I'm sure it would be great stuffing for a turkey too! This was a big hit at our Friendsgiving dinner!

Ingredients:
• 5 cups day-old cornbread, crumbled
• 4 cups day-old Bisquick biscuits, crumbled
• 1 1/2 cups celery, finely chopped
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 1/8 tsp. black pepper
• 2 tsp. salt
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 1 tbsp. dried sage
• 1 tsp. parsley flakes
• 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 lb. mild pork sausage, cooked and drained

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Stuff turkey with mixture and follow your own recipe for cooking time or treat as a side dish by placing mixture in a 9" x 13" ovenproof pan or casserole dish in oven, uncovered.
3. Cook 1 hour, adding extra broth if it starts to become too dry.

Serves 8 (with leftovers)

image signature

1 comment: