Tuesday, January 4

fat, fun, + running

Looking back at old pictures of myself from college I realized something: Yes, I let myself get fat... but wow did I have fun getting there! My reasoning behind this revelation came from the many college pictures I was looking at - house parties, date parties, drinks from The Barn , late night snacking in the Theta house, 21st birthday parties with friends, going out every night with Sean when we first started dating, bachelorette parties, destination weddings, grad school, internships, jobs...

Wish me luck!
...add this up with no time for the gym or trying to eat normally and you get one chubby Caroline. My road to gaining over 30 pounds in college was from having a TON of fun and not really stressing about what I looked like! Now that I have dropped all of that weight from college I can take a look back now and not feel so down on myself like I use to. I was never really unhappy and I still have all of my best friends, and Sean met me when I was at my biggest and he still loved me at that size anyways! Lucky me, right!?

Now that I can fit into my skinny jeans from freshman year, my new goal for this year is to become a runner. I started this training program called Couch to 10k on my iPhone! I have so much more energy now and my best friend Amber (read her blog here, DayEndReview) has really motivated me to start running. She has ran a ton of 5ks all around Oklahoma and now she is signed up to run a half marathon!  Plus, Sean is an amazing runner and I want to keep up with him when we start to run Lake Michigan this summer!



2 comments:

  1. I was just talking to Lee about Mo's challenge to try and do 20 miles a week. Seems less intimidating than making yourself workout for X amount a times a week. I'll check out this ap. Let me know how it works for you. I need to get into a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we did have fun in college didn't we! It was all worth it! I am so proud of you Caroline. I wish we could run together! Love you so much

    ReplyDelete